Xello Career Exploration
|Course:||7th Grade Computers|
|Book:||Xello Career Exploration|
|Printed by:||Guest user|
|Date:||Sunday, October 20, 2019, 12:16 PM|
Table of contents
- 1 Website
- 2 Update Profile
- 3 Career Unit Introductory Video
- 4 Matchmaker
- 5 Personality Style
- 6 Mission Complete
- 7 Hobbies and Interests
- 8 Learning Style Quiz
- 9 Skills
- 10 Biases and Career Choices
- 11 Explore Career Matches
- 12 Job Outlook in Michigan
- 13 Careers and Lifestyle Costs
- 14 Financial Decisions Simulations
- 15 Workplace Skills and Attitudes
- 16 Work Values
- 17 Copyright and Fair Use
- 18 Practice Citing Websites
- 19 Finding Pictures
- 20 Multimedia Career Project
- 21 My Goals and Plans
- 22 Career Cruising Business Card Project
3 Career Unit Introductory VideoThree Questions to Unlock Your Authentic Career Choice
10 Biases and Career Choices
Bias: Bias means having an unfair opinion FOR or AGAINST something. Instead of admitting that there are good qualities and bad qualities of something, the author focuses only on the good or bad.
12 Job Outlook in Michigan
- Click here to make a copy of the handout.
- Next, use these websites to complete the handout:
17 Copyright and Fair Use
Click here for the video.
18 Practice Citing Websites
- Open the website easybib.com. This website makes it easy to give credit where credit is due!
- Open the document attached here, make a copy, and share it with your teacher.
- Research the answers to the questions and type the answers in the document.
- For each answer, use easybib.com to create a source citation. Watch the video as many times as you need to! (PLEASE NOTE: If you cannot find info like the author, etc., you may leave that field blank. Many times, websites do not list authors.)
- Double-check your citations! They should look something like this: "John Kasich to Suspend Presidential Campaign, Senior Adviser Says." NBC News. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 May 2016.
- Make sure your name is on your document.
- Use Save As to save your document to your account.
- Print your completed assignment.
19 Finding Pictures
Next, we will use Google Advanced Search to find pictures that are open and available for you to use in your upcoming career project. It is important to make sure that you are using pictures from the Internet that the owners don't mind you using in your projects.
- Next to "all these words," type in the career that interests you.
- Next scroll down to "usage rights," and select "free to use, share, or modify."
- Select and save pictures by right-clicking and choosing Save Image As. (HINT: Remember to save to your 7th grade folder!)
- Create a new Google Doc and name it "Citing Images."
- Insert your image into the Google Doc.
- Go back to your web image to get the URL by right-clicking on it and selecting Copy Image Address.
- Go to http://www.easybib.com/ and select create manual citation.
- Enter the key pieces of information: title, publisher/sponsor, and image address (URL).
- Click Create Citation.
- Paste this citation into your Google Doc.
- Make 3 citations.
- Share the Google Doc with your teacher.
20 Multimedia Career ProjectVennGraphic Project: Using at least three resources, create an infographic about your top two career choices.
- Click here for the assignment guidelines.
- Click here to see the full sample infographic.
- Click here for instructions to submit your final project.
21 My Goals and Plans
Watch a video to help you learn more about setting SMART goals.
Next, record your goals and plans for the future. Follow these steps:
- Log in to Career Cruising Website
- Click on My EDP (top left)
- Click on My Goals and Plans.
22 Career Cruising Business Card Project
Business Card: Create your own business card for you in the career of your choice. Be sure to use proper capitalization, spelling, and address information. Snip and save it when you are done. I will give you instructions on how to print it, so please wait for those instructions before printing.